Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Heartfelt Post on ByzCath.org

"Brethren in Risen Christ, our Life and Saviour,

Invited in April 2005 by a noble sister in Christ, I joined this forum, where I found a fine place for expressing in writing a few thoughts, prayers as well.

I have no idea how, but this forum, the only where I post sometimes, transformed slowly and I could not define it how is now. But it is not more that fine place.

However, I do know that valuable members began to visit it more rare, being bittered by certain aspects such as adversity between Catholic and Orthodox, or being bittered by the discussions upon the revised Divine Liturgy etc. etc.

Members who contributed with their love to this forum.

Therefore, I, a nothingness, dare to remind you all these words:

Quote:
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.
(John 13, 34-35, NIV)

As you already know, love is a commandment, not an option. Even if this board is a virtual one, we must care of every word, for we will answer before our Master for every word.

We all need the mercy of God.

I hope that this forum will promote the unity between the Sisters Churches, and foremost of all will testify the Risen Christ.

Are we disciples of Lord Jesus Christ?

Remembering now a gentle Saint, Saint Isaac the Syrian, I say with all heart:

May God fill your souls with Eternal Life! Amen & Amin!

In Risen Christ <><

Brother Marian+"


I could not have said it any better!!!!
Marian is seeing the forum from the eyes of a non-American( Eastern European) perspective. We have become so accustomed to venting our feelings about the changes in the Pittsburgh Metropolia that we forget how our brethren around the world see us.

No comments: